To read the latest issue of Manufacturing Digital, click here
Designed specifically for SAP solution-based workloads, the announcement heralds the first time that Dell servers, storage and networking technologies achieved SAP certification for running SAP HANA as a pre-integrated system.
The combination of new products and certifications advance Dell’s Enterprise strategy of creating scalable, flexible data centre solutions, bringing together hardware, software and services.
Dell Solutions for SAP HANA turn data into insights
With highly-available configurations that scale from one terabyte to more than four, Dell’s pre-integrated systems are founded on the company’s singer-server appliances. By leveraging these enterprise-class solutions, customers are able to:
- Further optimise SAP solution workloadsand instantly explore and analyse operational information from virtually any data source with pre-integrated systems and services certified by SAP for running SAP HANA
- Simplify ordering and speed deployment with pre-integrated systems that are pre-configured, pre-built and pre-tested
- Provide enterprise-class operation and performance by leveraging the systems management, automated tiering, energy efficiency and scalability capabilities built into Dell Servers and Dell Storage technologies
- Reduce time to value with a comprehensive suite of Dell Services including assessment, installation, training, analytic solution design and development
- Further ensure a simplified, cost-effective upgrade path with being subjected to a ‘rip and replace’ scenario required by a multiple platform design strategy
Vice-President and General Manager, Enterprise Systems & Solutions, Dell, Dario Zamarian commented:
“Customers should focus on their business and the applications and workloads that will help them compete in today’s dynamic marketplace. This means using integrated infrastructure and solutions that are optimised for applications.
“Dell is giving customers the confidence and agility they need to implement the workloads that matter most to their business, not to mention lifting the financial burden with better Total Cost of Ownership and lower Operating Expenses.”
Dell Active System Manager 7.0 takes the worry out of workloads
Active System Manager 7.0 extends the management capabilities of Active System beyond the physical infrastructure to the virtualised infrastructure and workloads. Some of the new solution’s features that will help customers accelerate time-to-market for applications include:
- Quickly provisioning and de-provisioning mixed physical and vertical infrastructure and workloads
- Dramatically reducing time and steps to provision new workloads with a simple set-up
- Efficiently allocating and managing physical and virtual network, server and storage resources by creating resource pools across multiple systems with extensible ability to add new resources
- Scheduling, allocating and ensuring virtual and physical resource capacity for complex workloads at current or future times
- Eliminating concerns as new workloads are added by enabling continued high extensibility, quality IT service delivery and management flexibility
Dell’s scale-out solutions configured for SAP HANA are currently available in EMEA and the US; more information can be found here
Active System Manager 7.0 will be available with Active System 800 and its associated reference architecture in the US later this month and in Europe by late-Spring